Did you know that the third highest cause of structural fires in the United States is due to electrical faults? Flexing your “DO IT Yourself” muscles is not advisable when it comes to electricity, especially when you have highly trained, licensed, and experienced technicians who can assist with any electrical services you may need.
ELECTRICAL SERVICES TRAINED ELECTRICAL TECHNICIANS PROVIDE
Licensed and trained electricians can provide the following services at residential and commercial properties:
- Electrical set up and rewiring
- Electrical panel installation, upgrading, and replacement
- Whole house surge protection
- Outlet installation and repair
- Ceiling fan installation and repair
- All lighting requirements – fixture installation, replacement, and repair
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detector installations
- Exhaust fan installations
- Pool and hot tub wiring
- Electrical safety inspections
- All electrical maintenance and repairs
SEVEN COMMON ELECTRICAL REPAIRS & SERVICES
Electrical contractors are specially trained to deal with any electrical emergency, but there are a few common issues that they are called out for more often.
Some of these problems include:
LIGHTS DIM, BUZZ, OR FLICKER
Dimming, buzzing, or flickering lights are a very common problem. The main reason that lights buzz, flicker, or dim are:
- The wiring is outdated and needs upgrading.
- There are too many appliances running off the circuit or there is a fault in the circuit.
- The switch is faulty and needs replacing.
- The bulb is loose and needs to be tightened.
THE LIGHT SWITCH IS BUZZING OR NOT WORKING
The main reasons that a light switch would be giving problems are:
- It has not been connected correctly.
- There is a problem with the wiring.
- The switch is broken.
THE CIRCUIT BREAKER KEEPS TRIPPING
Electricians often have to respond to call of power tripping. There are a few reasons that this could be happening:
- There may be a problem with a specific appliance that causes the circuit to trip when it is plugged in.
- There may be an arc fault – a loose screw in the terminal connection in the switch or outlet.
- The appliances used are drawing too much current and the wiring needs to be upgraded.
- There is a short circuit – a hot wire is touching a neutral wire.
- The circuit breaker is old or worn and needs replacing.
THE OUTLETS ARE DEAD
Whether it is only one, or all the outlets that are dead, an electrician needs to be called to investigate the cause. Some causes of dead outlets are:
- One or numerous fuses have tripped.
- There is a fault in the electrical wiring.
- The outlet is faulty.
THE PLUG IS HOT OR CAUSES A SHOCK OR TINGLING FEELING WHEN TOUCHED
You should not use the appliance or outlet if the plug feels hot, is blackened, or causes a shock or tingling feeling when touched. On investigation the electrician may find:
- The outlet is faulty and needs to be replaced.
- The wiring is faulty.
- The appliance is faulty.
THE ELECTRIC BILL IS VERY HIGH
An abnormally high electric bill should be investigated and could be a result of:
- A fault in the electrical wiring or circuit.
- A leakage in the electrical system.
- Outdated appliances that are drawing too much current.
When the wiring is old or the client is doing renovations to his property, an electrician will be required to:
- Replace an old, too small, or outdated panel.
- Install more lights, ceiling fans, light switches, and/or outlets.
- Replace or upgrade the existing wiring.
SAFE AND SOUND ELECTRIC – THE ELECTRICIANS OF CHOICE IN KITSAP COUNTY
If you are looking for an experienced, licensed, and insured electrician for any electrical service in Kitsap Count, Safe and Sound Electric is just a call away. Call us at 360-633-5413 any time.